- Eleonora Del Federico, Silvia A. Centeno, Cindie Kehlet, Konstantin Ulrich, Akiko Yamazaki-Kleps, Alexej Jerschow, "In Situ Unilateral 1H-NMR Studies of the Interaction Between Lead White Pigments and Collagen-Based Binders" in Applied Magnetic Resonance April 2012, Volume 42, Issue 3, pp 363-376.
- Agnes Haber, Bernhard Bluemich, Daria Souvorova and Eleonora Del Federico. "Ancient Roman walls mapped non-destructively by portable NMR". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry ,Volume 401, Number 4 (2011), 1441-1452.
- Eleonora Del Federico, Cindie Kehlet, Barbara Charton and Hiba Schahbaz, "Chemistry of Pompeii and Herculaneum, A case study course in Chemistry at the interface of Ancient Technology and Archeological Conservation". In print, Journal of Chemical Education.
- B. Bluemich, F. Casanova, A. Harber, Eleonora Del Federico, V. Boardman, A. Stiliano, G.Wald, L. Isolani. "Non-Invasive Depth-Profiling of Walls by Portable Nuclear Magnetic Resonance". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry , Volume 397, Number 7, 3117-3125, 2010.
- Eleonora Del Federico, S. Centeno, C. Kehlet, P. Currier, A. Jerschow, "Unilateral NMR applied to the conservation of works of art". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Volume 396, pages 213-222, 2010.
- S. Centeno, Polonca Ropret, Eleonora Del Federico, J. Schamir, A. Jerschow "Characterization of Al (III) complexes with hematein in artistic alum logwood inks" Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 10.1002/jrs.2455, 2009.
- M. Bacci, C. Cucci, Eleonora Del Federico, A. Ienco, A. Jerschow, J. M. Newman, M. Picollo, "An integrated spectroscopic approach for the identification of what distinguishes Afghan lapis lazuli from others". Vibrational Spectroscopy, Volume 49, Issue 1, Pages 80-83, 2009.
- Eleonora Del Federico, J. Newman, L. Tyne, C. O'Hern, L. Isolani and A. Jerschow, "Solid-state NMR studies of ultramarine pigments discoloration", Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 984, 2007.
- Eleonora Del Federico, Schoefberger, W, Jerschow, A., Tyne, L., Schelvis, J., Kapetanaki, S., "Insight into Framework Destruction in Ultramarine Pigments", Inorg. Chem., 45 (3), 1270 -1276, 2006.
- Eleonora Del Federico; Schoefberger, W.; Kumar, R.; Ling, W.; Kapetanaki, S. M.; Schelvis, J.; Jerschow, A. "Solid-state NMR and resonance Raman studies of ultramarine pigments," in Materials Issues in Art and Archaeology VII, 2005; Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings: 2005; pp 247-254.
- Unilateral 1H-NMR comparative study of skin processing technologies in Eurasian arctic and sub-arctic indigenous cultures, Gordon Research Conference: Scientific Methods in Cultural Heritage Research Non-Destructive Imaging and Micro-Analysis in Cultural Heritage, July 29 - August 3, 2012 Mount Snow Resort, West Dover, VT
- Moisture content and diffusion in ancient Roman walls, Gordon Research Conference: Scientific Methods in Cultural Heritage Research Non-Destructive Imaging and Micro-Analysis in Cultural Heritage, July 29 - August 3, 2012 Mount Snow Resort, West Dover, VT
- In-situ, non-invasive, unilateral NMR investigations of lead carboxylate formation in traditional oil paints, Chemistry of Cultural Heritage (ChemCH), Istanbul Turkey, July 9-12, 2012
- Non-Destructive, Multi-analytical Investigations of Roman Mosaics at Herculaneum. Synchrotron Radiation in Art and Archaeology, June 5-8, 2012, the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Non-invasive NMR characterization and evaluation of conservation treatments of oil stains in works of art on paper American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, Boston, MA August 2010.
- Mobile laboratory for the in-situ, non-destructive studies of works of art: Capturing students' interest in chemistry at an Art and Design College American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, Boston, MA August 2010.
- Unilateral NMR as a tool in the conservation of works of art EUROMAR, Worldwide Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Conference, invited presentation Florence, Italy, July 7-10, 2010
- "In-situ Diffuse Reflectance FTIR, XRF and NMR studies of wall paintings at Herculaneum IRUG 9, Infrared and Raman Users's Group Biennial Conference, March 3-6, 2010. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Handheld X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis of Italian Wall Paintings 36th ACS NERM (North East Regional Meeting) 2009-October 8-10, 2009, Hartford CT. Student poster: Victoria Boardman.
- Lapis Lazuli, a blue more precious than gold, invited presentation:How does ultramarine blue fade? Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, The 33rd Annual Ruth K. Shartle Symposium February 21, 2009, Houston, Texas, USA.
Selected Relevant Press
- Chemistry and Industry, Februry 22, 2010, "An Analytical Renaissance"
- Brooklyn Eagle, April 6th, 2009, "Martha Stewart and Infrared Spectrometers for Pratt Institute"
- Scientific American, November 2008 issue "The Incredible shrinking scanner."
- Discovery Channel, Oct 13, 2006, "Study Reveals Why Blue Frescoes Fade".
- Seed Magazine, October 12, 2006, "Why Ultramarine Fades to Grey."
- Science Daily, Oct 10, 2006, "Researchers Find Why Ultramarine Blue Fades."
- The Record, March 13, 2006, "NWHM Speaker Del Federico Blends Art, Chemistry."
- PhysOrg.Com. October 2nd, 2006, "Researchers Find Why Ultramarines Fade"
- Spectroscopy Now, November 1st, 2006, "Not Fade Away"